how to keep coffee beans fresh for months?
How long are coffee beans really fresh?
So, if you are going to freeze your coffee beans, you should:
- Freeze them within a day or two of opening their packaging
- Use an opaque and airtight container
- Get all of the air out
- Only thaw them once
- Thaw them to room temperature
- Thaw them in smaller portion sizes
- Use them within a week
How long can you store coffee beans?
- Unopened whole coffee beans can be stored in the pantry for 6-9 months or in the freezer for 2-3 years
- Opened whole coffee beans can be stored in the pantry for 6 months or in the freezer for 2 years
- Unopened ground coffee beans can be stored in the pantry for 3-5 months or in the freezer for 1-2 years
How to tell if your coffee beans are fresh?
How to Keep Coffee Beans Fresh
- Don’t Expose Coffee Beans to Day Light. After roasting, keep your coffee away from direct light, otherwise, it could go stale. …
- Lower the Moisture. Keep the moisture content lower than 13%. …
- Less Air for the Coffee Beans. Don’t expose your coffee beans to air. …
- Less Heat. Keep your coffee beans from heat, until you are ready to grind and brew them. …
How to store coffee beans long term?
Some Interesting Facts About Coffee
- Huge amounts of caffeine can be poisonous to dogs
- The only difference between regular and decaf is the amount of caffeine in both. …
- Pour the leftover coffee in ice cube trays and freeze it. …
- Pour the cool coffee in a blender; add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, ice, a teaspoon of vanilla, and milk. …