Next time you invite a friend or three to coffee, take a break from your regular coffee routine and try something new and exciting: host a coffee cupping. Coffee cuppings are essentially coffee tastings.
That would be a tasting event, but not cupping specifically. For coffee cupping, we brew small amounts of coffee using a cup or bowl, coarsely ground coffee, and hot water. There’s no filter and no fancy device – just the coffee, immersion brewing in a cup.
Also, prepare a cup of warm water to rinse your spoons in between coffees, as well as cold water to sip on during the cupping (this helps refresh your palate between sips). Find a few 4 to 6oz cups or bowls. These small vessels give us a way to perform the cupping without having to brew a lot of coffee.
Gather a spoon for every one of your friends and a timer for each coffee sample. The last thing you need is a coffee scoring sheet that you can use to take notes on. Any pen and paper will do, but a dedicated coffee scoring sheet will help you process what you’re experiencing.
· Read. In July, we ran a series on Salon Food called “Coffee Week,” a series of stories about America’s favorite caffeinated beverage. From reporting about professional coffee tasting to an essay …
· Jebenaday Coffee, Since March 10, 2021
· “If you are seeking to improve bad tasting coffee, adding salt can be helpful, but ultimately, using higher quality beans is the best way to improve the flavours in the cup.” It’s important to note that for higher quality specialty coffee, salt can obscure the delicate and nuanced flavours that set the coffee apart.
· Spinn taps into $40M to create better coffee brewing, discovery experiences. When you are a coffee lover, taste matters, and Spinn is brewing up …
· The Difficulty Of Storing Coffee Grounds In The Winter. Unfortunately, for many, saving coffee grounds can be somewhat difficult. Especially when it comes to keeping them all the way through winter for use in the spring. Without a bit of help before storing, coffee grounds can be quick to mold. The moist grounds have a difficult time drying out.
· “The truck would come to the end of our street, and the driver would need the coffee out of the truck as quickly as possible. “So, we would throw it all into our van, drive up to the front door of the café, and then wheel the coffee through the coffee shop, past the customers and into the roasting space.
· The scent of fresh brewing coffee never ceases to attract my attention once its delicious aroma hits the air. If great tasting coffee is one of your vices or of others on your holiday gift shopping list, then I have some great suggestions with a few coffee gift set ideas from Zodiac Girl Coffee.
· December 7, 2021. Pit+Paddock teams up with Vibrant Performance to host a Cars+Coffee event featuring nearly 20 builds from SEMA. The meet took place two weeks after SEMA at the new Brekkie Car Club headquarters in Elysian Valley, Los Angeles. Attendees were treated to free limited edition Leen Customs pins of Riley Stair’s Pontiac Trans Am.
· Wine tasting; Plenty of flowers in the vineyard too! Exploring Paris, one secret at a time; Hope you enjoyed this glimpse inside the vineyard! Also, today’s podcast episode is me talking about the walk, what it’s like to host Walk Shows, how everything can (and sometimes does) go wrong.
· The Remedy for Quick Fix Culture and How to Have Lasting Success. For the most part, we can get anything we want within 24 hours simply by clicking a “buy now” button. We are conditioned for instant gratification and that extends into our relationships, careers, fitness, and health. Advertisers are smart. They know this. Hell, they created …