how much coffee should you drink a day?
How many cups of coffee a day are safe?
| 63 – 126 mg
- Brewed, 8 oz. | 95 – 165 mg
- Brewed, decaf, 8 oz. | 2 – 5 mg
- Espresso, 1 oz. | 47 – 64 mg
- Latte, 8 oz. | 63 – 126 mg
How to determine your optimal daily caffeine intake?
You can choose from the following list of caffeine sources:
- Cup of tea (190 g): 50 mg per cup
- Mugs of filter coffee (350 g): 140 mg per mug
- Mugs of instant coffee (350 g): 100 mg per mug
- Cans of cola (330 ml): 40 mg per can
- Energy drinks (250 ml): 80 mg per can
- Shots of espresso: 45 mg per shot
- Cups of green tea (190 g): 40 mg per cup
What can you use instead of coffee?
- You can do this by gradually decreasing the number of cups of coffee you drink per day. …
- If you enjoy the taste of coffee just as much as caffeine, try gradually switching out your coffee with decaf. The first day, have coffee as you regularly do. …
- Once you’ve switched to decaf, you’ve decreased your body’s dependency on caffeine. …
What is the recommended daily intake of caffeine?
- 1 mug of filter coffee – 140mg caffeine
- 1 mug of instant coffee – 100mg caffeine
- 1 can of energy drink – 80mg caffeine
- 1 mug of tea – 75mg caffeine
- Small bar of chocolate – 25-50mg caffeine
- Can of cola – 40mg caffeine