can you put coffee in the fridge?
Why is better to keep your coffee in a fridge?
The basic rules to store coffee:
- Keep in an air-tight container.
- Avoid direct heat source (including sunlight).
- Avoid any change in storage temperature and humidity (do not keep in refrigerator).
- Avoid UV or IR radiation (sunlight).
- Use it within 2 weeks after the opening of the factory sealing.
Should you keep a can of coffee in the refrigerator?
- Freezers are not always moist, but they can get moist. Although stand-alone freezers do not hold moisture, most refrigerator-freezers have air transfers between the freezer and the refrigerator. …
- Freezers do hold odors. …
- Freezing and thawing coffee may damage the essential oils. …
How long does coffee last in the fridge?
Ways to Keep Your Coffee Fresh
- Always go for coffee beans rather than ground coffee. …
- Ensure the containers you use are air-tight. …
- When buying coffee, choose the one whose sealing is a lid rather than a pouch.
- Moreover, do not allow your coffee to stay for more than two weeks before using it. …
- Do not freeze your coffee; however, you can freeze the iced coffee. …
How to store coffee in the freezer or refrigerator?
With that in mind:
- Choose a cool, dark, dry place, such as in a pantry or cabinet.
- Do not store coffee in the refrigerator or freezer; the humidity can cause moisture to infiltrate the packaging.
- Avoid warm spots, such as above/next to the oven or in cabinets that get hot from exposure to sunlight or cooking equipment.