can i freeze coffee beans to keep them fresh?
Why you shouldnt’ freeze your coffee beans?
“You shouldn’t freeze your specialty coffee beans because it degrades the quality.” “You should freeze your coffee beans to keep them fresher and maintain the flavor longer.” “You shouldn’t freeze your coffee beans because they will absorb moisture and the odors of other foods in the freezer.”
Should I store my coffee beans in the fridge?
How To Keep Your Beans At Their Peak
- Keep them in an airtight, dark container.
- Avoid sunlight.
- Avoid heat.
- Avoid steam (so consider where you are storing your beans and keep them away from brewers, stoves, etc.).
- Avoid moisture (storing near your sink could accidentally allow water to reach beans).
Is freezing coffee beans a good idea?
What Kills Fresh Coffee Beans
- Oxygen kills coffee and any other kind of food. A tight seal to reduce the free flow of oxygen is always best when storing food.
- Light kills coffee. Whether from the sun or a lamp, light breaks down organic cell structures and results in flavor and nutrient loss. …
- Heat kills coffee. …
- Humidity kills coffee. …
Does freezing coffee beans keep them fresh?
Freezing your coffee beans, when done right, is a great way to keep them fresh. The freezer will not change the flavor of your coffee in any way. When you compare the taste of coffee that was frozen and the taste of coffee that has gone through partial (or full) oxidation, you will find that the frozen coffee bean provides you with superior coffee.